Western Syriac (also known as Turoyo) is used in liturgical churches in Turkey and Syria. Neo-Syriac (also known as Assyrian Non-Aramaic) is spoken in Iraq and Syria.
For more information, see SIL Ethnologue codes tru, syc and aii.
Syriac Bibles to purchase:
from American Bible Society:
- Syriac Bible - Modern (Peshita) Version 1995 (hardcover)
Syriac New Testament:
- Assyrian New Testament & Psalms - Modern (hardcover)
- Syriac New Testament (student version with Lexicon)
- Syriac New Testament (with Lexicon Syriacum)
- English Lexicon to the Syriac New Testament (paperback)
- English Concordance to the Syriac New Testament (hardback)
The "JESUS" Film, based on the Gospel of Luke, has been translated into Syriac. To order, visit jesusfilmstore.org. Or order by phone from Campus Crusade at 1-800-432-1997.
Search our site or search the Web: